TRI-COLOR PASTA SALAD

 This tri-color pasta salad is my favorite pasta salad in the history of ever. The creamy, simple dressing is perfect for the tender pasta. I’ve been making it for years; it’s a keeper!

A bowl full of tri-color pasta with olives sprinkled throughout.


Of all the pasta salads I’ve loved in my life (hint: I’ve loved a lot), this tri-color pasta salad is at the tippy tippy top of the ones I can’t live without.

I’ve been making it for years, after my Aunt Marilyn passed it on to me over seven years ago, and it is still a huge family favorite.

In fact, I can easily say this pasta salad has appeared at more potlucks, BBQ’s, easy Friday night dinners, and family gatherings than I can even count.

It is a little bit classic, a little bit unique, and a lot yummy.

A bowl full of tri-color pasta with olives sprinkled throughout.

If you’ve made it, you know the fresh basil and little kick of pesto take it from average to extraordinary. And don’t even get me started on the pine nuts.

They are everything. (But don’t worry, I’ve offered a substitution in the notes of the recipe if you are allergic or opposed to paying an arm or a leg for them.)

I am also a little proud of myself for not spending the entirety of the post just on the looks of this pasta salad (I didn’t want to appear shallow).

It is pretty, no doubt about it, and we all know looks definitely get you part of the way there in terms of rock star points.

But the real clincher is how wonderfully delicious it is. And the fact that it comes together quickly and painlessly is simply just another pasta salad bonus.

I don’t know about you but I kind of like pasta salad bonuses.

A bowl full of tri-color pasta with olives sprinkled throughout.

Comments